Zapier integration configuration
Log in to Zapier and then click on "Make a Zap!" button :
You arrive on a page where you can "Choose a Trigger App". Go to "built-in apps" section and select "Webhooks" item :
Then, select "Catch Hook" option and click on "Save + Continue" button :
The next step is optional. It allows you to filter a key of the JSON file received. You can either fill the field or directly click on "Continue" button :
Then Zapier provides an URL. Copy this URL to enter it in your Clustaar app, to allow Clustaar to send the information needed to Zapier.
In Clustaar app
Zapier integration action is on the action panel of your step, in the "Integrations" part.
To use it, you must drag and drop the action inside the step panel. As you do this, the configuration panel opens :
The configuration panel includes several sections:
"Define your variables": to define the variables you want to be sent to Zapier.
- Variable name: the name you set for this variable
- Variable value: The value taken by your variable. It can be a session value or a user attribute.
"Configure Zap URL":
- URL: URL provided by Zapier during Webhook configuration - mandatory.
- "Send sample to Zapier" button: Necessary to test if the requests are efficiently sent to Zapier. Once the sample has been efficiently sent, it is noticed on the configuration panel :
"Describe your Zap":
Here you can describe your Zap, to have a good visibility on each Zap purpose in case you have several integrations with Zapier in your bot.
Once this is done, you can click on "Confirm" to save your configuration parameters. The action appears in the step panel with the description and variables displayed.
You can edit the description and variable values directly from there. In order to edit other information, then you can click on "Edit configuration" in the action right corner :
Back on Zapier - Example with Google Sheets
You then have to come back on Zapier to finish setting up your Zap. All you need to do at this point is to set your "Action App", which will be the app receiving the information from Clustaar. You can choose any app among those proposed by Zapier.
For this example, we will create a new Google Sheets row for each user with the information recovered during his conversation with the bot (name and email).
To do this, follow these steps:
- Choose "Google Sheets" as an Action App:
2. Select "Create Spreadsheet Row" as an action and click on "Save + Continue":
3. Connect Zapier to your Google Sheets account and click on "Save + Continue":
4. Select the desired Spreadsheet and Worksheet and then the information you want to fill your Google Sheets columns (in our case, our Google Sheets has 2 columns: name and email):
5. You can then "Send Test To Google Sheets" or skip that step:
6. Last but not least, do not forget to put your Zap "ON"!
You are now ready to create as many Zaps as necessary between Clustaar and the app of your choice! ;)